Washington, District Of Columbia
1.8K views

I have been buying - quite without question - Asurion insurance for my AT&T provided phone. I dropped the phone and destroyed the glass.

I filled out a claim, which was super easy, provided photo documentation of my drivers license, and uploaded the signed affadavit. I received an e-mail asking me to call about the claim, which I did. The claims adjustor on the other end just kept repeating that my claim was denied due to suspected "program abuse"- but would not tell me what the abuse was or what they suspected. I had the person get AT&T on the phone, but of course AT&T only bills for the insurance but has no recourse for bad service from the insurance provider.

In all, it's a crazy situation that you pay for service that you can't receive and is entirely non-transparent. Insane.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Asurion Cons: Would not answer my questions.

Comments

I just had this same problem verbatim. They settled with me after I filed in small claims.

@Bill Courchesne

I just had this happen to me. Guess I'ma have to file a small claims.

#1203201

same thing happened to me! even the Verizon representative could not tell me whats going on.

The only thing they did was remove my insurance and credit me back for 2 months of the insurance on all my lines.

there seems to be another 1000 reviews against this scam that they are doing!

I am never getting insurance again on any of my phones, its a waste of money and doesn't work!

Just had the same experience - 20 business phone lines and same response. Claim denied for a stolen phone due to "suspicious activity" and "program abuse".

After three supervisors no one was able to explain or define, and apparently these terms are not part of their terms and conditions. Needless to say I have cancelled all insurance from Asurion on my accounts.

What type of phone do you have? This just happened to a friend of mine, just now.

Asurion Reviews