Buffalo, New York

Just called this company, and to file a claim I must provide a copy of my driver's license, passport, etc, signed by a notary, copy of bill, and send all this and wait for the phone which may take 1-2 weeks. Not even my life insurance needed this much information!

I am going to cancel my policy or change my carrier!

Either way, make your complaints people, in this day and age so much personal information is needed to file a claim! I don't know about you, but I don't want my identity to be stolen.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Comments

This happened to me too. But I discovered this when my IPhone suddenly stopped functioning and "required authentification".

After 30 minutes with Verizon tech, they discovered an insurance phone was activated on my line! Asurion doesn't require any security checks, passwords, nothing!

I did not even get an email - they do not keep emails on file - but they sent all the confirmations to a *** email address given to them by this person claiming to be my husband and shipped it who knows where. UNBELIEVABLE!

I did not need to provide any such information to file my claim with Asurion. However you are correct to be suspicious of identity theft through this insurance provider.

I filed a claim in july that went very smoothly, but was recently informed that my coverage was being dropped beause I had reached the claim limit of two within 12months. After calling Asurion I learned that someone had filed a claim 9/12. I informed them that this was not me.

I am still currently investigating this issue on my own because Asurion is no help and I believe they are covering up there own INTERNAL scam using their customers personal information. :(

Asurion Reviews