Westminster, California

Unbelievable! Talk about your basic run around BS!

Well, I have been paying insurance on my Sprint phones for over 15 years with the false piece of mind that if my phone was lost, stolen or damaged, that they would replace the phone by simply walking in to a store and getting a replacement.

Ok, I lost my phone, my bad, that's why I have insurance right?

Well, come to find out that Sprint no longer handles there insurance, it's done through Asurion, AND I have to pay a $50 deductible!

Ok, the shock of that finally wore off, I came to terms with that, even though over the years I have paid over $1500 in premiums and never made a claim until now, that's how insurance works, you pay for piece of mind, that if something bad happens, they take care of it for you, or so I thought.

So I make the claim online and the website tells me that the phone is on back order and I have to wait 7 to 10 business days to get a new phone sent.

I call Asurion to find out what can be done about the wait time and of course it's after hours and the automated answering machine tell me to call back during normal business hours.

I call Sprint, Sprint says there is nothing they can do, call Asurion.

I call Asurion first thing in the morning. I tell them I need my phone, it's been 2 weeks already, I need my phone, I run my business on it, I'm losing money. Since my phone is on back order and Sprint no longer carries my phone, can they give me the new version of the same phone, the price on it is less than what I paid for other phone, and I paid full price on my phone. Asurion tells me they can't change an order after it has been made, "Sprint wont let them" So I ask to speak to a manager, the manager says the same thing. "Sprint wont let them change a claim after it has been submitted" I have to wait the 7 to 10 business days to get a refurbished phone.

So I ask to speak with the managers supervisor. They tell me that I can submit a request to talk to the managers supervisor, but I would have to leave a number and the supervisor would call me back within 48 hours. I tell them, I don't want to wait 48 hours and that I have no number to give them because I DON'T HAVE A PHONE! They said they would make a notation on my account, and that I can call back with a contact number and would have someone call within 48 hours of receiving the contact number. Flabbergasted, I hung up.

I figure… if Sprint won't let them change the order (at least that's what Asurion said), than someone at Sprint should be able to help, one can assume that since they had to submit something to Sprint, that someone at Sprint must be processing the shipment of my phone.

I call Sprint and talk to someone there who puts me on hold to call Asurion to see if he can help. Then he comes back and tells me the same thing Asurion told me before, "it's on back order"

I tell him, I know what they said, I already told you that, I need a phone, if my original type of phone is not available, send me comparable one. They said that they can't because once the claim has been made, Sprint won't let them change the order. So can I talk to someone at Sprint that can get me either my phone, or a comparable one.

If there being told be Sprint that they can't change the order, than they are getting the phone from Sprint, and if they are getting the phone from Sprint, there must be someone in charge of whoever it is in whatever wherehouse that's sending me my phone.

So I ask him again, can I talk to someone at the wherehouse or someone who can call the wherehouse?

He tells me they don't have the number to the wherehouse… I said, it's Sprint's wherehouse, and you don't have a number for it?

He tells me he understands my frustration but he can't really do anything for me, so he puts me on hold to talk to his manager.

I talk the manager and explain the situation again, then get put on hold again while he calls Asurion. Then he tells me that the claim is being processed by Asurion and there was nothing he could do about it, it was up to them. I said "look, they told me that they could not change the order because Sprint would not allow them to, So if Sprint is sending me the phone, there must be someone I can talk to at Sprint" He said no, it's up to them.

So I say "Ok, just to confirm what your saying, so your telling me that Asurion lied to me, that Sprint WILL let them change or cancel the order?" He said, "I can't answer that question"

I asked why not? It's a simple question, either Sprint will allow them to or they won't.

Which is it? He then started to clam up, kept repeating that he could not answer that question but could he help with anything else?

So here I sit, phoneless, after paying enough in premiums to have purchased my phone 6 times over! Waiting for ANOTHER 2 weeks in the hopes that my discontinued refurbished phone will arrive at Asurion so they can send it to me, probably ground, which means another additional 7 to 10 business day wait.

All in all I don't blame the guys at Sprint, there just covering there own butt's. However, they did jump on the Asurion band wagon, instead of honoring there own insurance which was what I originally signed up for.

In any case, I paid for insurance. This means I should not have to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refurbished phone to be sent. I should not have to wait up to 48 hours for someone at the Asurion to call back. They should just get me a phone, that's what there being paid for!

I have lost clients. My business has suffered. I say, they should be brought up on a class action law suite. Who's going to pay us back for there inability to do the service they are charging us every week for?

Comments

smh im still waiting on a call about my *** phone . I dont get it wtf why are we paying for insurance if we have to pay a deductbile ? makes no since to be paying extra :?

Hey look, another *** Asurion employee has decided to jump in. They didn't even have the balls to give a name. Not surprising since there comment only goes to show they can't read.

Let me say it again.

I originally purchased Sprint insurance, not Asurion insurance. I was not consulted nor informed that they changed it. The policy I signed up for said nothing about a deductible.

I understand that things change, Sprint is not at fault. My problem is with a company that won't do what you are paying them to do.

If I get sick, I expect that when I go to the doctor that my insurance company pays for the visit. If it was Asurion that I paid for my medical insurance they would tell me sorry, you will have to wait 2 months before you can see your doctor or we won't pay for it, and you still need to pay the $6000 co-pay for your $200 visit.

Let me say it again.

Anatoly K

Asurion has lost a number of lawsuits. Many employees fired...I think that user "DumbA$$es From Houston, Texas, US" no longer works for Asurion...got fired.

Asurion sucks just like their *** employees, glad I ripped tem off a few times :p

As many people above have written, Asurion and their business practices in conjunction with Sprint have something to be desired. If they plan to insure a product, the need to be prepared to replace it within a reasonable time frame. 7-10 days is unacceptable.

I do want to say thank you to those above who work for Asurion and have decided to comment. It shows the quality of people who work for this company and gives everyone a clear understanding of who they are dealing with. I hope you continue to stand by your employer and your $10 an hour careers as I am sure they value your hard work and dedication to laughing at those who are your customer base.

There are plenty of other insurance companies out there that provide better service and product at a cheaper rate. Why pay sprint $7 a month so they can keep half of it and employ a 3rd party cut-rate company to ***?

Wilhut

Asurion has shipped me 2 phones that contained water damage right out of the box. I assume that they send Water Damaged phones out so that they can charge another 100 bucks when you return their poorly refurbished phones after realizing the poor quality.

Stop Losing, breaking, dropping ur phones in water..Dumb *** Yes I work at Asurion and we laugh at u people everyday. YES, you are getting a refurbished phone..GET OVER IT..If u loved ur NEW phone so much, you wouldnt have let lil Betsy Sue drop juice on it...Pay ur deductible and if we dont have what you want....O WELL, just get a phone...U shouldve gotten what we offered...We sit in the call center and laugh at ALL OF YOU@@@

yea what a BIG ripe off for the people that have the program SAVE YOUR MONEY you will only get someone elses problem and get played around with Asurion till you are tired of the run a round and just give up

SAVE YOUR MONEY

I also was 'irresponsible' enough to lose my phone. I called Alltel who said I would have to file with Asurion.

I also did not know about the $50 deductible. But I paid it and got a USED PHONE. The phone they sent was reconditioned and exactly 1 month later the hinge quit working, so the phone flops open. I went online and Asurion said because I hadn't had the phone for A YEAR they wouldn't cover it.

So I called; and after trying to talk to someone who only knows the english on their cue cards finally figured out what she was saying was that my phone was damaged (no clue, right??) so that voided the warranty. And it was after their 7 day warranty period. I read the warranty card that came with the replacement phone to her and nowhere does it mention a "7-day" period, although it does say "Limited Warranty". So I called Alltel and they said there was nothing they could do either, although they did give me a $10 credit for my inconvenience-way to be responsive to your customers.

I will never again pay for the insurance on a phone. It's a total rip off.

TayloredTouch

Check out Jay, he must be another employee of Assurion. Like all the other people there that answer the phones he must have failed basic reading in school.

For an insurance company to decide on there own one day that they are going to start charging a deductible when the original contract that was agreed to by both parties had no mention of a deductible and then fail to notify the party involved is illegal.

For a company whose own documentation states that they will replace a product with the same or comparable product and knowingly refuse to do so is also illegal. This company just lost a class action law suite for pulling this *** and they obviously didn't learn there lesson the first time.

Working with this company has been the WORST experience of my life!!! i honestly don't think i'll ever get a phone from them.

I had a tmobile g1 phone... i was shocked when i filed my claim with asurion and they told me i have a $130 deductible! how the *** is that a deductible? that's basically buying a new phone flat out.

I paid the deductible though bc i figured it was worth it to get my phone replaced overnight. the new phone arrived 4 days later and was completly defective, couldn't text or make calls on it. i took it to tmobile and they couldn't fix it. they put me on the phone in the store with asurion.

asurion told me i had to mail back the defective phone to them in tennessee (i live in Arizona) and once they receive that phone then they'd send me a new one!!! i asked them what i was supposed to do in the meantime with no phone... they had the nerve to tell me to just borrow a friend's old phone. i replied; THAT'S WHY I HAVE INSURANCE, SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT!!!

at this point i was already phone-less for 4 days. long story short, it's been over 2 weeks now and still no phone. i'm thinking i'm just going to have to go on ebay and buy a new one.

not going to eve try to get my deductible back from asurion, they really deserve it anyway for all their GREAT customer service! I have filed a complaint with the BBB, i suggest you all do the same if you have had a similar experience as i mine.

This is for Taylored Touch Inc.

Dude you are really blowing this out of proportion. Cell phone insurance is like any other insurance policy.

No matter the premiums you pay if you use it there is a deductible. Get a hobby *** for brains and quit bad mouthing a company you know nothing about.

Ya know I finally got a phone a week or so ago, the thing that *** me off is that my Mogul was on back order and they would only offer me Diamond as a replacement. I asked them which phone was more comparable, the Touch Diamond or the Touch Pro when compared to the Mogul.

The woman at ***-urion actually said that the Touch Pro was more like the Mogul, but she was not allowed to offer that phone.

Oh, and I'm glad I didn't wait at the phone both down the street cause the "Manager" that was supposed to call back in 48 hours.... NEVER CALLED :(

I just purchased a Samsung Instinct last moth with Sprint, I have a company account with Sprint. I lost my phone last week.

I filled a claim with Asurion online, and they requested I send documents via-fax, I filled out the same information that the site requested and faxed it to them, 24hrs later I get a call, your new phone will arrive in 1-2 days, They said on their website I would have it the next day'.

Its on their homepage! Its been 4 days and still no phone, no update on their website tracking......No information when I call them its always it will be there in 1-2 days....I'm still waiting.......Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit contact me at Neighborhoodwatchsystemsinc@yahoo.com

Ya, no phone, you think I was going to stand by a pay phone down the street for the next 48 hours waiting for them to call?

As for the "insurance thing"..... ya I read it, but when I purchased it the "Insurance thingy" it was from Sprint, Asurion had not taken it over yet.

I also like how they were willing to switch the phone for a Diamond but when I asked for the Pro they said they can't offer that one to me. I asked them which was the more comparable phone and they agreed that the Touch Pro was more comparable but they could only offer me the Diamond which is a cheaper model with no hardware keyboard.

Even in ASSurion's documentation is says they will offer a "comparable" replacement if the original is not available. I guess there the ones that don't read there own "insurance thingy's"

You at least sound like you are enjoying your drama. No contact number, yet you called them??

think about it!

Wow, did you even ever read the insurance thing? And it doesn't matter how much you've paid in premiums, like auto, house or burial insurance, it only counts when you use it.

hope you get your phone soon.

Still no call back from there "Manager" and still no change on there "Tracking" system.

6 Days, still no phone call from Asurion and still no change in there website tracking.

Well, it's been over 48 hours, and still no phone call from Asurion! Gee like I'm so surprised that they haven't called me back, and to top it off I tried to use there claim tracking on there web site...

gee, it says the same thing since I made my claim "Being processed... check back in 24 hours" What a bunch of cr@p!

Asurion Reviews