Lower Lake, California

We have dealt with Asurion twice now. Both times has been an extreme hassle!

Husband bought an expensive water proof, drop proof, dust proof phone and got insurance on it. It was damaged, so we filed a claim. Asurion told us the phone was out of date (we had only had it 3 months) and would replace it with a different phone which was a basic flip phone that I could get at Verizon for less than $50. I asked that they replace it with a comparable phone (water proof, etc) and they told me they didn't have to since it was out of date.

They said the usual life of a phone style was 6 months from manufacture. Spent hours on the phone with them and verizon and finally got a water proof etc replacement. Fast forward less than 3 months. Phone they replaced would not update software....Verizon told me Asurion was responsible for replacement.

Ugh! Same run around. Told me they didn't have it in stock and would replace it with...you guessed it...a basic phone. Told agent I didn't want it and he told me I had to take it because he had already created a shipment (didnt tell me what he was sending until after he created the shipment).

Told me he couldn't stop the shipment. I asked for a supervisor. Supervisor was able (after I was stubborn as a mule) to cancel the shipment and (MIRACLE!!!) they had our phone in stock after all and could ship it out. What a ***!!!!

I can't believe Verizon uses this company and they take no responsibility because it is a third party!

I think Verizon mis-represents them at purchase. Never buy insurance just put the money in the bank and replace your own phone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Replacement.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments