Buffalo, New York

I dropped my DROID Incredible 2 in water, but had Asurion insurance through Verizon, so I called to file a claim for a replacement phone. First of all they refused to help me because I am not an authorized user on the account, even though I had all necessary security information.

Ok. Fine. In the meantime I had my phone number transferred to an old Blackberry I had laying around the house.

My fiance (who is an authorized user on the account) called back to file the claim.

He specifically asked for a Droid Incredible 2, and asked several times to confirm that this is the phone I would be sent, not the Blackberry that my number was currently issued to. He was assured that this was the case. 2 days later, a Blackberry came in the mail. I immediately called Asurion to try to correct the issue, but once again was refused service.

This time I found that to be absolutely ridiculous considering that the claim had already been filed, I had the claim ID and all the necessary information. The customer service representative was rude and unhelpful. I was also charged the $99 replacement fee before the phone was delivered. I also find this to be ridiculous, because I feel that customers should not be charged until their new phone is arrived and accounted for.

Horrible service, extremely frustrating. I would not recommend Asurion to any wireless user.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Insurance.

Comments