Rockford, Illinois

I have always had Asurion on my duaghters phones. Two phones, paid Asurion every month for well over 6 years.

Never once had a claim. My daughter dropped her iphone 5s 16 gb in water. I filed a claim. My CONTRACT says my monthey payment is $9.

And my deductible is $149. Fine. A little high, but that is my CONTRACT. I filed the claim and was told my deductible would be $169, since the raised their prices and I was paging the old monthly price...aka, my contract price!

I spoke to Asurion, their supervisor and a manager, who all said I must pay $169, regardless of my contract price. What good is a contract??? I eve n screenshot and sent them a copy of THEIR CURRENT website (phoneclaim) that showed my phone number, my info, my iphone model and "your deductible-$149". I also sent them a copy of the paper contract and web id of contract that states "iphone 5s 16gb-$149".

That was "too bad", I had to pay $169. I did.

I will get my replacement phone today, and will cancel my Asurion "protection" on my other three lines Monday. To save them $20, they just lost $30/month.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Replacement.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments