Charleston, West Virginia

In October my son damaged his phone. I used the insurance to replace. With the new phone came a pre-paid envelope to send the damaged phone back with the "easy" instructions of "place your original damaged or malfunctioning phone in the pre-paid envelope and drop it in the nearest mailbox." We did this a day or two after receiving the new phone. I started getting harrassing phone calls in November from them wanting the phone. I stated to them that I did send it back already. On November 19, 2011 I received a "final notice" in the mail demanding the phone by the 23rd or I would be charged up to an additional $500. I wrote a letter back to them again telling them that I did return the phone according to the instructions and had told them this in previous phone calls. I also stated that if I were to be held responsible for the phone getting to its destination after just dropping it off in a mailbox, I should have been given a tracking number or instructed to get one myself.

Instead of answering my letter, I now have a $148 dollar balance on my sprint bill for a "non-return" fee.

I HAVE NO PHONE TO SEND!! Had I told them it was lost or stolen when making the claim, I wouldn't even be having this problem. Should I be held responsible for the US Mail or one of Asurion's employees neglect?

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Comments