Atlanta, Georgia

I was also scammed by Asurion. But I am here to offer a fix instead of complaining about the same issue.

(Note: this fix only works if you have documentation of the fake tracking number that Asurion placed on the return envelope). First: If you were charged the initial $30 fee you have to wait for it to clear on your bank account, then call your bank and request a "stop payment". You actually have a right to do this by law and your bank is on your side. Next, call Asurion and lie to them stating that you purchased tracking on the return package and that you called USPS and they CONFIRMED to you that it was delivered in Smyrna, TN (I actually got this trick from another poster and it worked!

My gratitude). The Asurion agent will ask for the tracking number. Provide them with the FAKE tracking number that they included on your envelope. Here's the funny part: All of a sudden, the agent will state that they have received your phone and will refund you the money.

Mind you, the fake tracking number is not even trackable by neither FedEx nor USPS, which further proves that this is a scam. If I weren't studying for the MCAT right now I would actually contact a postal marshal. I know for a fact that they hate (and will aggressively pursue) postal scammers. Asurion is actually committing a federal crime and this could be a class-action lawsuit.

If someone would spearhead this suggestion that would be great! Good luck.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Replacement.

• Verizon Asurion