4.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had device protection with Asurion for over 3 years on my account, as well as I used to work for rogers and sold this to many of my customers.I finally have had to actually use the protection myself seeing as my phone recently took a trip through the washing machine.

Well in some ways I am happy with how it was dealt with however I most definitely have some issues with how this whole ordeal came about. Ill start with the good aspects: the process in which you have to follow to receive the new phone is fairly easy and straight forward to follow. During my experience with Asurion (had to call in on more then one occasion) was fairly well handled by those whom i spoke with over the phone, i never had a rude representative, and they always listened to my problem and managed to come to a timely resolution. Once my claim was complete and everything was sorted my phone arrived in a very timely matter (the next business day).

When i received my new device i ran into some issues with it ( stated in the below not so good aspects list), so i called in and spoke to someone about these issues, and within a matter of minutes she informed me of the issue (software) and that they are sending me out a new device asap, free of charge for the inconvenience, and that i would just have to send the defective device back the same way that you have to with your old device. The woman i spoke with was extremely kind, and listened to what i had to say, and asked me about what iTunes was saying, got me to even run some checks on the phone while on the line with her just to establish the problem. I really do appreciate how i was treated on my phone calls with the company, and how fast the service has been. Now for the not so good aspects: Firstly, they no longer have the same colour phone i had previously (iPhone gold), so i had to settle for a silver one, which doesn't matter much to me because it just ends up in a case anyway, but a touch annoying seeing as I did want the gold since it was the colour i chose when i bought the phone.

Next, I was told by the representative that the phone i would be receiving was a new device, however that is not the case and it is in fact a refurbished phone. Im unimpressed with this seeing as i was never once informed of the fact that it would be refurbished (not even when working for rogers and selling this protection to customers), as well as i pay monthly for this protection and then pay the fee for the new device ( 9.99 per month for over 3 years now, which is over 400, and then 224 for the new phone) which comes to over 600, yet im receiving a refurbished device.... This was a rather large disappointment for myself, i could have personally switched to a new company and got a brand new device for less then what ive paid into this and received a refurbished device. The phone i received also did not work correctly.

It would not connect to my computer (tried 3 different cords, all from apple, and all have worked with my device, and multiple of my friends devices as well), all i would see when i tried to use iTunes to transfer everything to my new device is that "iTunes cannot connect '_____ iPhone' because of an invalid response was received by the device", when i spoke to the lady over the phone she said it was a software issue with the refurbished device. This was resolved, and i am happy with how it has been, the problem itself with the device is just rather inconvenient.

Overall, im satisfied with the customer service i received, i would honestly give them a 5/5 for how my situation was handled.As for the device replacement i would give 1/5, seeing as it was refurbished, not even the same phone i initially had, and that it was defective, but in the end i did receive a device.

Review about: Asurion Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Preferred solution: Spoke with a representative and it has been taken care of .

I liked: Efficiancy, Customer service.

I didn't like: Refurbished device, Defective device, Not even the same device sent to me.

Had an Experience with Asurion?

Comments