Featured Not resolved
3.0

We've returned my son's phone once and had the screen fixed once without problems. We were about to return one of his phones again (yes, he's not very responsible), but when I talked with the Verizon guy he said the deductible was $150 !!!!

The Asurion web site says $29 for screen repair and $89 for replacement. Nothing (not even a disclaimer in small print) says anything about a deductible other than those two. When the Verizon guy called them on it, the Asurion rep just reiterated the $150 deductible and made no attempt to honor the price on their web site.

If I were a lawyer, I'd sue for false advertising. As it is, all we can do is complain on sites like this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Asurion Pros: Quick service, Promptly issued device.

Asurion Cons: Misleading website.

Comments

Asurion's BAD customer service forced me to look into other options, and I now only purchase my phones through Apple directly and still have my Verizon plan. I will never, ever do anything with Asurion again.

One of my many issues with them involved proof from Verizon (in a three-way conversation with Asurion) that I had insurance on my phone, but Asurion said that because their system didn't show it they would not cover my phone replacement. Literally, I had statements showing the monthly payments. Verizon said there was nothing they could do.

How about that one? People need to start bashing Verizon and then maybe Verizon will have to hold Asurion's feet to the fire.