I have had my phone for 19 mos on a 2yr. contract.

I have had many issues with my Samsung7, but I was doing my best to finish off the contract. Unfortunately my cat forced my hand when he knocked it off the table and killed it dead. I dug out my contract and found the letter I received from Asurion that stated it would cost me $150.00 for replacement of the phone. I then called them as instructed by said letter.

They however said that it would cost me $300.00 for replacement. I explained what my contract said, and was informed that the prices had gone up in March and I should have got a letter. I know I didn't receive this letter as I know I wouldn't have been happy about it then. Since when can a company just double it's deductible 8 mos after your contract starts?

If I had known it would cost this much for replacement I never would have bothered with the insurance. Unfortunately I have medical issues I'm dealing with and am in dire need of a working phone which forces me into paying the $300.

I cant wait to see how long it will take for my phone to get here. If it takes any longer then the 2 days promised, i'll be back!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments