Lemon Grove, California

Update by user Mar 18, 2016

Guess what? Asurion has done it AGAIN!

They've,3 times in a row installed Windows 8 32 bit operating system that's designed to operate on a Windows 8 64 bit operating system.This time,just to make sure they saw my notices,I plastered one on the outside of the shipping box.It said NOTICE; This unit,a Gateway SX2110G REQUIRES a Windows 64 bit operating system to function properly. The as built package also includes a "CyberLink 12" media player,which your people at Irving,Texas also chose to IGNORE.

This is the third time and I'm finished,except for the fact that Asurion now owes me a "new" Gateway SX 2110G Desk Top unit It's either fulfill the contract,or court. Your choice.

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2016

I bought a Gateway PC at Wal-Mart with an extended warranty from Asurion.The PC crashed and I sent it to Asurion to fix it.The unit comes with a 64 bit Windows 8 operating system,and what's called CyberLink 12 to operate the CD/DVD player. When it was returned to me,they had installed a 32bitWindows 8 and NO operating system for thew CD/DVD.

Since the system is built for 64 bit and they installed 32 bit,the unit kept freezing up,stop scipt notices came up frequently,and I had to reboot the unit frequently.After weeks of complaining again,I sent it back in for proper repair,noting yet AGAIN what type operating systewm was required.Guess what? They sent it back with a 32bit Windows 8 and NO CyberLInk 12 AGAIN.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Warranty.

Reason of review: Faulty repair..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Asurion Cons: Criminal business practices.

Comments