I purchased a phone plan through Fido at Costco and received an insurance plan for my device, a 2016 Huawei Nova Plus. When I filed a claim for technical issues (MMS hardware malfunction, not a carrier service issue), the only device they claimed to have as a suitable replacement for me was a 2013 Samsung Galaxy S4. Their site and my paperwork claimed they will replace my exact device or one of an equal value or quality. Upon receiving the device it was obvious it was a refurbished S4, freezing, glitching and dying after less than 8-12 hrs off the charger even with battery saving measures in place. I complained to the company and they maintained that the S4 was the only device they had as a replacement option for me.

I was extremely unsatisfied with this service so they offered to buy out my service and device value for a total of $450.39, effectively ending my coverage with the company. I agreed since the device and servce I received were extremely subpar.

I was provided a shipping label via UPS and was told I would recieve my compensation 7-10 business days from the time my device was returned to the company. It was sent on 3/5/2018 and was delivered the following day 3/6/2018 ( tracking information will be posted below). It's now 4/16/2018 and have been getting the run-around from the company, claiming the device was lost and they had not received it. I constantly receive different responses ranging from my "situation being passed onto our Costco team" to "we have the tracking number and see the device is returned, we will follow up with you tomorrow". Today I again was told a claim was filed today and I'll have to wait 2-3 business days to get a review of my situation.

I fulfilled my end of the agreement to return the device using UPS labelling the company provided, and have been without a device for this entire time. I've been using a broken device (the one that originally motivated me to get a new device & plan in the first place), with no end to this scenario in sight. It's not my fault that the device was lost at the Asurion-end, and that can be resolved in-house on their end as to where they lost the device in their line of communication. I want my compensation and this situation resolved because I'm tired of having to chase them down for answers only to be told to be patient. $450 is alot of money to just be told to be patient to wait for.

Poor service from the start and would not recommend anyone to get it, get insurance coverage through your phone carrier instead, less hassle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments