Resolved
3.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Oct 26

Home Depot got involved and Asurion refunded me the full cost of the refrigerator

Original review posted by user Sep 26

Advice for buying a new appliance...don't if you can help it. If you are looking to just upgrade, don't do it until you have read the experience I have had.

I bought a new Whirlpool French door refrigerator back in May 2017 and purchased it from The Home Depot and also purchased their extended warranty plan for 3 years.

This appliance is a rotten lemon...it works for a few months then freezes up, you call Asurrion, the contracted warranty company Home Depot has contracted to over see warranty work and it is a JOKE.

They send out technicians that throw parts at your appliance hoping it will work. All the while you are living out of a large cooler and having to keep insulin cold.

We have been without a working fridge for 3 months altogether. Whirlpool says they will only provide parts as long as your warranty is valid. Home Depot does Nothing...let that sink in for a minute before you decide to upgrade your appliances because they certainly don't make them like they used to.

During this current time, I have had 4 visits from a technician who knew nothing about my model and they sent a new one out yesterday that is ordering the same parts the last one did.

I have had 2 technicians tell me that this refrigerator has a design flaw and it will always give me problems.

Asurion will do nothing except keep lying to you and stalling for any solutions. What a waste of my money and time, not to mention the stress this has put on me and my family.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace my refrigerator..

Asurion Pros: Rip off.

Asurion Cons: Lie about servicing blame manufacturers.

• Asurion Is No Assurance

Comments

We bought our unit through home depot I will be going through them next, as contractors we spend over ten thousand a year at home depot I have taken my business to lowes

Asurion Reviews