San Diego, California
2.3

My daughter lost her phone, I reported with Cricket and filed claim with Asurion. They sent replacement.

The minute we tried to activate the NEW phone (never did), it somehow re-activated her original phone and my husband's phone immediately rang from my daughter's phone # from a homeless guy saying "I have your phone". He went and paid a small reward/ransom and got her OLD phone back. I called asurion who offered to send an envelope and refund deductible within two months. I returned the replacement phone using envelope they sent.

Weeks later, my daughters (old) phone suddenly stops working. I called cricket and asurion who both pointed the finger at the other as cause of the issue until finally a supervisor at asurion admitted that phone was blacklisted until they receive the replacement phone that I sent them almost 3 weeks ago. Now, I keep calling Asurion to check on return and go through a LONG process of re-explaining the story, my identifying info multiple times until they elevate the call. Then I wait forever as their "customer care expert" tries to check the status of the returned phone.

I feel bad for that person who usually keeps coming on the line apologizing that their system is not working right or whatever the seems to be going on over there. But, the bottom line is our phone # is being held hostage because I have no recourse for the fact that Asurion can't seem to get it together. It's worth mentioning that the "deductible" was almost the price of the replacement anyhow, so it was not worth it to carry coverage.

I predict that, at the end of this, I'll be purchasing a brand new phone with an upgrade fee plus be out the deductible (and premiums) or the replacement phone that I returned to Asurion that they apparently can't find. Lesson learned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Claim.

Reason of review: phone blacklisted despite return.

Preferred solution: $130 deductible refunded for return of replacement phone and take steps to Cricket cam remove original phone from blacklist.

Asurion Pros: Customer care staff trying to be helpful, Sent replacement quickly.

Asurion Cons: Inconsistent answers, Paying excessively for deductibles, Saying they did not receive returned phone, Phone blacklisted.

Comments