1.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

On June 20, 2015 I purchased a Samsung refrigerator from the Home Depot with their $150 extended warranty. I normally don't bother getting the warranty because I don't trust them, but this time I paid.

In November 0f 2018 I called Home Depot extended warranty department because my refrigerator was freezing up.

They came out and fixed it on 12/4/18, It happened again and they came to fix the frozen panel on 1/3/19, It happened again and they came out for the panel on 2/7/19. It happened again on 4/4/19, this time the customer service rep. Asked me to be patient with them and if I would allow them to come out the 4th time and try to fix it she promised they would replace it if it happened again. I agreed, knowing that they should have given me a new unit according to their extended warranty contract.

She said for all my trouble to include my loss of $180 in frozen food, she gave me a $50 Home Depot gift card.

Now on May 30, 2019 I am back were I started with a frozen panel and they refuse to pay any of the food loss and they said they didn't have to give me anything, its at their digression if they want to replace the unit. That is NOT what the contract says.

Reason of review: Extended warranty was a fraud.

Asurion Cons: Fraudulent practices.

Comments