We purchased insurance for 2 phones (my husband and mine) a few years ago. Fast forward a few years to March when we purchased 2 more phones for our children.

We upgraded our insurance to the family plan. I dropped my phone in a river over labor day weekend and after 4 days in rice, it still did not come back to life, so went to my local ATT store to inquire about using the insurance. The ATT agent told me it would be $112 (deductible) to replace my iPhone 6 since I had had the plan for a while. The Asurion website was down, so we called in and spoke to a rep.

She quoted me $225 since it was a new insurance plan. I corrected her and told her we had had insurance for many years. She stated that since an Att rep had put the "anchor line" as my daughter's line, then it only showed we had insurance for 6 months, so the deductible would be higher.

I told her this was absurd since it looked like we were penalized for adding additional lines to our plan (not to mention that the phone that needed to be replaced had been on the insurance plan for years with no claims to date. At this point it is cheaper to just purchase a replacement on ebay than to use this scam of a company

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Asurion Cons: Customer service, Waste of time and money.

• Asurion Scam