Poster decreased review rating.

In May, I sent my laptop off to be repaired for a busted retina screen. It was gonnen it back to me fairly quickly.

When I got it back, the rubber gasket around the screen was loose. Also, after about 2-3 weeks of having it repaired, right when I was going to go on stage and DJ for an event, I had an audio issue. No matter what we tried, we weren't getting an "audio output" signal in the system preferences. Although, I can watch videos and movies with audio if I connect my bluetooth headphones.

Very wierd. Then after that, the screen hinges came look and the screen doesn't lock into a full 90 degrees position or anything close to that. We called Asurion because we were fed up with it. After about 30min on the phone, I was told in 3-4 business days we would receive a box to send the laptop in to their repair center.

After 7 days, no box. We called again and we were told again, 3-4 business days and we never received the box. The last time we called was on the last day of the warranty. We spoke with a manager and they told us that they would send us a box, which we never got.

We called again and were told that we had to pay the $89 to get everything repaired again. Fed up with the ***. They won't even tell us what is happening to the audio. Unreliable.

Never purchase Asurion protection. Stick with AppleCare.

Product or Service Mentioned: Laptop Repair.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Asurion Pros: How they seem reliable.

Asurion Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments