November 2018. My son was doing homework and spilled his drink on thee laptop.

After that it would not turn on. Filed a claim and sent it to Asurion. One day later they sent the computer back saying it was all fixed. Powered it on and within 24 hours is shut down and would not turn back on.

Filed 2nd claim and sent it in. 3 days later got email saying fixed. Got it turned on and again with in 24 hours it booted me off. Powered it back up, but it would not let me log in, said my login was wrong.

Filed 3rd claim sent it back in. 3 days later they said it was fixed and sent it to me. (And the person on the phone told me 4th time I sent it back it would either be replaced or I would get a refund) Well they sent it back and it powered up but will not let me log back in. So I filed my 4th claim and was told that the laptop did not qualify for replacement because I sent it in for 2 different issues and that they would fix it only and send it back to me.

This is now 5/14/2019 and I have not laptop to work with.

I threatened to call a Lawyer so they put a Supervisor on the phone who told me the same thing. Supposed took down some notes and stated that the last time I sent it in they did not know about the log in problem, and that because the computer powered up but would not let me log in was a new issue and so I asked him, 'So you mean I have to send this in like 6 or 7 times and you are not going to honor the Replacement Warranty?' This is complete bs, and I will never buy another product if they carry the warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Asurion Cons: Way they are handling their warranty, Being lied to by customer service.

• Asurion Computer Warranty

Comments

I was offered this insurance on a electronic purchase I made today at staples. I almost purchased it until the rep told me I would have to send in the item to Asurion for repair or replacement at their discretion.

As soon as he told me I needed to send it to them versus returning it to Staples for replacement, I declined.

Instead I purchased two of the items which staples had a great sale on, so if one breaks I can immediately have another one. Also these Asurion warranties are not cheap.

Asurion Reviews