We are a small business that ordered phones for our employees. There were many phones, so when I picked them up from the store the rep put them in a large box to conceal what was in there do to the number of phones.

When out on a delivery several boxes where stolen off the truck, one of them contained the phones. Since the phones were insured, we called Asurion to place a claim (what a nightmare that was). The first initial call was great the rep was helpful and took our information and told us what the next step was. I provided all required information.

In the process of trying to finish the claims we had to call in. This is where the nightmare begins. We were told that our claims were denied due to the information provided. We asked to speak to a supervisor, but the rep kept coming back on with scripted answers to why it was denied.

We had to call back several times to get a so-called adjuster on the line and was told first that we were denied because the insurance was not used as intended. I am not sure what that means but theft is not something that is in our control. Then we were told we were denied because there has to be activity on the phones in order to have claim approved. We spent the day getting the run around with excuse after excuse why we were denied.

We ask them to provide the written documentation to back up the reasons provided, which they refused. I checked all the phones and they all have usage on them. So, the consumer is strong armed into to buying insurance from a company that does not provide the service we pay for. Not one time did anyone ask for the police report or additional documentation of the theft.

I know of people that have had the phones stolen before they ever receive them and have received a replacement. It is terrible that they can continue to steal from consumers and not provide the service they are paid under contract to provide.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Reason of review: stolen.

Preferred solution: replacement.

Asurion Cons: Denied claim and could not provide documentation on why.

Comments