First the chat agent lied to me by telling me that the only method to submit my claim was online when I specifically asked him if there was any other way to submit the required documentation, then he threatened me by saying he would report my claim to "security" in an obvious attempt to imply my claim wouldn't be honored. The rep also refused to answer any questions about website security (what kind of security did they use, TLS, SSL, what version, etc), and told me that even asking that is a suspicious action.

Worst of all, when reaching out to the customer service team over Facebook, I was given platitudes and nothing else. I had to ask four times for an apology, and then all I got was "We want to get this resolved, and we apologize for any misinformation you were provided." No actual assistance was provided, no real apology was issued, and the only action I could get them to say was after a FIFTH direct query - the customer service agent told me that the rep would receive a "coaching".

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Comments