I was skeptical about buying an extended warranty plan for my whirlpool refrigerator. The sales associate spent a good deal of time explaining all the benefits.

I bought in! Thank goodness I did in 2.5 years the Whirlpool fridge *** out. I called the warranty department on or about April 10th. I have been given nothing but a complete run around from both the warranty company and the appliance company Royal Appliance (Spring, TX).

The tech came to my home and in 5 minutes decided the evaporator coils, heat exchange coils and compressor had to be replaced. He figured this out by shining a cell phone flashlight through the back grate. Did I mention that looking through that grate you only see the fan (WTH). Then a part was no longer available so it went to the resolution department...

They ran me around for several days and then I get a text saying hey great EVERYTHING IS FIXED. No it wasn't, but wait let me open the door and take a look YEP still broke. I call and I'm told that they are helping the tech with how to fix the fridge. Wait your training the certified technician over the phone on how to repair a freaking refrigerator.

Now the part we couldn't get is now available. Then To top it off they can't come out until May 2nd. We've been living out of an ice chest for almost a month.

On top of that not "once" did they mention replacing spoiled food..... POS company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I want a Supervisor to call......

Comments