Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This issue has been going on for 3 months now. Every month i pay Asurion for my insurance policy through cricket for the 3 years.

I finally go to make a claim in the beginning of november of 2018. Spoke to several different agents about the same issue. First time I spoke to an agent letting them know i need to make a claim they said that they cannot process my claim because that was not the day i lost my phone... How could they possibly know when i lost my phone???

Next after having several back and forth arguments, I get to the point where i spoke to someone else about the $250 deposit to get my phone replace mind you we are still in the beginning of November. I make the payment. I was told my phone will be at my house within 3-5 business days. I wait 7 business days.

My phone never came. So i call back to see whats going on. Now mind you every time I call Asurion the very first thing they ask for is MY ADDRESS. I have spoken to them MULTIPLE times (at least five) prior to making deposit payment.

I go to ask the rep whats going on they tell me that my phone was sent to the wrong address and now I have to wait for it to come back in order for them to send it back out again. Now I'm confused on why I have to wait for them to receive my phone in order for them to send it again. So i ask for a manager. The manager goes ahead in tells me she will send another phone and that it will only take 3 business days because she's going to expedite it.

Okay, I wait 4 business days still no phone. So I'm calling back again to find out what happened. Come to find out she never sent my phone out in the first place! Okay now I'm having several other conversations with different supervisors about this issue.

Come to find out now they won't send me my phone until i give them my government ID and fill out an affidavit to prove that its me. So i'm arguing with them that i was never asked for this before all the other previous conversations i had with customer rep agents, supervisors, and managers. Not to mention they never asked me for it when they took my freaking $250 dollar deposit of my debit card okay. Now after dealing with more *** service.

I start another saga of *** service with the corporate office since the non-corporate office couldn't help me. Okay i'm speaking now with someone about this whole government issued id and affidavit situation and the lady refuses to help me still after me explaining to her calmly about the whole situation. Now after me yelling and screaming she tells me "oh she can bypass it" after telling me just prior before i started acting like a lunatic that "there is no way around it, in order to get my phone i must send them my government issued id and affidavit". Now she goes on to tell me she will have my phone shipped it will be here in 3 more business days.

Well i'm sure you know where this is going yep I didn't get my phone again due to what? oh yeah a wrong address. After i confirmed multiple times on my correct address okay. Now i get to the point where i'm speaking to the corporate managers.

She tells me after all of this... here's the kicker. THEY NEVER HAD MY PHONE IN THE FIRST PLACE and guess what they cannot offer me a different phone. So after multiple more conversations.

Now they are promising me to send me a check for the full value of my phone $699.00 plus %10 so $749.00. This conversation took place on the 18th of December. I'm writing this on January 4th of 2019. Okay After being told it would take 3 business days to process the check and 3-5 more business days to send it out so i wait.

I called multiple times throughout the whole process of them sending my check to make sure everything is going smooth and they assured me multiple times that it would be here on the 28th of December of course after it not showing they say it would be on the 4th of January still not here.

I call back to find out its still pending. At this point i have no clue what to do and have been phone less for 3 months.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Claim.

Reason of review: Refund.

Preferred solution: Full refund plus compensation for my time wasted.

Comments

There needs to be a way to hold Asurion accountable for how they treat consumers. When we sign-on with these wireless companies, we're assuming they only do business with reputable companies.

I have had SEVERAL nightmare situations with Asurion over the years. I finally found the solution of only getting my phones from Apple directly.

If something is wrong, I walk into Apple and it's resolved in no time at all. No problems.