I filed a claim with Asurion in August 2017 for a smashed screen. They said they would replace my Iphone6s with an upgrade to Iphone 7 once I pay the service fee of $82.00.

I called back the following day to make the payment as I did not have my credit card with me. When i called back they told me all the iphones were out of stock. So i waited, and waited until November 2017 and they still did not have any phones in stock to offer me. Very frustrating as they could have followed up with me to update me on the changes they were making within theire policies.

My only option was to replace the screen which i felt the phone had more issues than a cracked screen. The other option was to take the buyout option. I begrudgingly took the buyout option not realizing that I had 7 months left on my Bell contract. Which means that I have to buyout my current contract of $250 plus purchase a new phone on top of that with a new 2 year contract, loosing my current contract and monthly bill would increase.

I call *** on these insurance plans as they do not have the customer in mind. Never again will I purchase a plan with Asurion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Claim.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments