Honolulu, Hawaii

I recently water damaged my iPhone 5s 16GB at the beach. I had no hope for it so I decided to finally use the insurance company I had been paying for a couple of months.

I filed claim right away and waited for them to email or contact me. I got an email and to my disappointment and utter surprise, it said I do not have insurance with them! I was shocked. I pay 10$ a month for this, and I don't have money flowing in my wallet.

That night I went to the Verizon Store and they said I do have insurance and they even tried contacting Asurion for me. (Verizon has good customer service) Asurion wouldn't reply so they just told me to go home and try again or contact them.

I did contact them- I emailed them a long complaint and I was replied to with an automated email 2 lines long and a phone number. I called the phone number and the total call was 7 minutes. More than half the time I was placed on hold my a robot because there were no live assistants to help me. (I am not estimating the time. I made microwave meal during the waiting time so I know it was over 4 min.)

Anyway, the representative asked for my SSN, phone number, address, etc.. I gave it to her. In the end she said I wasn't an authorized user on the account and hung up on me.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Instead of paying the 169$ deductible, tomorrow I am just going to the Apple Store tomorrow and paying 270$ for a brand new phone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

• iphone5s