Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 06, 2021

Well so far still no good after waiting additional 2 for a promised shipping label from Asurion I had to reach out to the guitar Center store manager at the Carl place location where I purchased the mixer that needs the repairs. He put me in contact with some folks that got the ball rolling and in a day i received the shipping label packed it and sent it in for repair.

Asurion received it and had it in their hands for repair for close to a week after a 4 day shipping wait to the location provided by them . I finally received the mixer from the repair shop with an inspection report saying it passed inspection but I had my suspicion that it would not turn out right since this entire experience hasn't been positive at all. Low and behold I connect every and I checked the issues I sent for repair for and it was still the same with an additional dent to the back plate of the mixer that holds in place the inputs and outputs. I then again had to contact the store manager from guitar Center in long island Carl place location i explained my situation again and he said I should contact Asurion again and request a replacement of said mixer.

I did so and I was issued another return shipping for the second attempt because Asurion has to inspect the item again before agreeing to a replacement. What a *** show. Basically the moral of the story is don't buy used items with their pro coverage warranty. Asurion sucks as a third party insurance company.

Guitar center as a company is not terrible their guys a usually very good I've had plenty of good experiences shopping with them.

Their choice for a third party insurance company is a failure in their part. Sorry for long drawn out info but it had to be said.

Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2021

So far I'm not impressed with this service even though the only thing they have done for me is take the initial payment of coverage via Guitar as a one time paid protection plan. I contacted them back in July to file a claim for repairs it's now October and after several phone calls they still can't manage to send a shipping label via email like they promised several times even including a supervisor that got on the phone to promise as well the escalation of my gripe to rush the email of the said shipping label I'm still waiting for. At this point I'm thinking this protection plan available to you from Asurion via Guitar Center is only good enough to exchange my purchase at guitar rather then wait for Asurion to send an emailed shipping label God knows what kind of tech they are using that it's this difficult to send an email in 2021.

User's recommendation: Don't buy any Asurion protection plan.

Preferred solution: Provide the service I've paid for.

Comments