8.9K views

On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38 ASURION WIRELESS I 8666672535 I called the number 866-667-2535 and a recording came on that said i authorized these charges on my account.I don't even have any account with Asurion and I was furious that they would charge my account 3 separate transactions totaling almost $600 and I have no affiliation with them.

I immediately looked them up online and called 888-881-2622 and spoke to Toya who looked in their system and did not find any account with my name or telephone number, I told her that this was fraud on my account and this was my rent money taken out of my account and needed to speak to someone that could reverse or stop these charges so my rent payment will go through, she connected me to Lucy who was no help at all and said she will escalate to Asurion fraud department and have someone call me back, no one has called me back. I went to my bank to cancel my debit card and they told me the payments were pending on my account and even though they capture the amounts they had not posted they were still pending. They would not be able to submit the fraud case until the payments actually went through. so I called Asurion again and spoke to Rodolfo and told him that i needed to speak to someone in accounts payable that can look for these payments being applied to Asurion on the date and time i have them and cancel these transactions so my funds will be back in my account, he also verified that i did not have any affiliation with Asurion, no account in my name and transferred me to Lucy again, not accounts payable.

I told Lucy that I just went to the bank and they told me that these unauthorized charges were in a pending status and I need someone in accounts payable to reverse these charges and put my money back in my account, she said that a fraud claim has been filed and the number is 118576 and being put in today, I told her that she did not provide this information to me when I spoke to her earlier, she said someone will call me and as of this afternoon at 6:00 PM no one has called me. I just called again at 6:00 PM and just spoke to Quinton and asked him to connect me to someone in accounts payable so that this can be resolved today. I advised them that I will contact the president of the company next and will escalate this and call them daily until this is resolved, I have now been on hold for 7 minutes. Finally spoke to Roxann who verified that they received the funds from my account on Saturday and i will have to submit a fraud claim through my bank to get the funds back and she just told me that their investigation will take months and no one is going to call me back to confirm that the fraud case is settled.

THIS COMPANY JUST TOOK MY RENT MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND I AM FURIOUS BECAUSE THE BANK SAYS THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MY FUNDS BACK FOR 7-12 DAYS AND ASURION IS TELLING ME THAT THEY CONFIRM RECEIVING THESE UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS AND CANNOT REVERSE MY FUNDS BACK TO ME AND NO ONE IS GOING TO CALL ME REGARDING THE FRAUD CASE. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND HOW ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS. NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL MY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS, ILL HAVE TO PAY LATE CHARGES FOR RENT IS IT DOES NOT GO THROUGH AND BANK CHARGES FOR PAYMENTS THAT WILL COME THROUGH SINCE I WILL NOT HAVE ANY FUNDS UNTIL I GET PAID AGAIN ON THE 15TH.

THIS IS ILLEGAL AND HOW ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.PLEASE SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN!!!

Review about: Asurion Claim.

Had an Experience with Asurion?

Comments

they charged our account 1600 and couldnt even help me, i told the guy i could lose my home i just need to know what this company is, he said,, i dont give a fu** if u lose your home. it was tbe most unprofessional scamming im so upset, they are horrible people who take all ur money and if u call they curse at you

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1344110

the same fraudulent charge was levied against my credit card.

Gobsmacked by this brazen effrontery here in San Antonio. Is there Russian collusion with Asurion?

Smyrna, Tennessee, United States #1332289

Just happened to me!!

Contact the CEO to resolve. I did.

to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #1212184

What is the #?

I was just charged $149 from these people.I've never even heard of this company and I'm getting charged by them?!?!

WTF???How did they get my information???

Asurion charged $149 on my credit card.I've never heard of them before.

Total security breach.

I called my credit card company, started dispute and cancelled my card.

When I called Asurion, the woman said "someone name Mickey in NYC used my card to purchase their insurance policy and got a brand new iphone6". Really?

My name is not Mickey and I live in West coast.

Since when do insurance company happily assist customers who's name & address don't match their credit card?

Feb 2016 - Asurion charge of $169 to my mastercard. My bank caught it and notified me and said they will investigate and clear the charges. I also never heard of this company except that they are associated with FRAUD.

I got msg from my chase alert on July 14 2015 that there is a charge of $149 from Asurion wireless Insurance.I ask my husband if he use this service and he say no.

so I call to the credit card company and tell that it's unauthorized charge. the bank close my a/c and file this charge frued. he say I don't have to pay for it, and will send me new card. how can these kind of thing happen?

I mean someone just charge your card.

and now I will have to change a new card.

Asurion Wireless took $199 out of my account on 5/14/15.This was budgeted for groceries and gas for my family for the next 2 weeks, and they took it.

I called the bank on Saturday when I saw it online... after a long time on hold the lady said the same charge had been attempted on the 12th, but it bounced off because I hadn't that much in my account. I got paid on the 14th, deposited money in the account and bam they came back again and took it.

It sounds from here that calling Asurion is a waste of time; I'm going to the bank first thing on Monday morning to see if they can get my money back.The *** federal government got their fingers in 10,000 things they shouldn't, but cannot do one of the biggest jobs they should be doing, which is to police and shut down these interstate ripoff artists.