My sons iPhone 7 had minor water damage. Filed a claim, paid $150 and had a new phone in a few days. 3 weeks later, his phone was no longer receiving service from Verizon. We went to Verizon where they attempted to make the phone operational by swapping out the SIM card to no avail. Verizon told me to give Asurion a call which I did immediately.

According to Asurion, we had a defective Apple phone and that we needed then take the phone to them for repair. Off to Apple where they looked at the phone and pointed out the rear casing of the phone was not an Apple product. It turns out the rear portion of the phone where much of the electronics lies was an after market product with Asurion's name on it. Apple would not touch the phone.

Back to Verizon very upset where I had the store manager call Asurion. Once again the Asurion customer rep when into their spiel that the Apple product was defective and needed repair by Apple.

I told that person to put someone else on the line since I knew that the line was misleading.

Someone else got on the phone and very politely told me that they would sending our a new "boxed" phone to replace the other one.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments