What Asurion claims to provide their customers is a complete lie. In my particular case not one staff member nor supervisor was able to help me with my issue or at the least offer me some kind of solution.

I did my part in paying the $150 deductible for my IPHONE 7, as well as providing copies of the information that was required in order to file the claim. The phone arrived 3 days after the claim was created and wait for it, a "rigorously inspected" IPHONE 6 was what I received. The phone itself would not even work past the white apple screen! There was no activating the wrong device that was given to me.

When I was able to reach a working phone I immediately called Asurion customer service. I explained to the customer representative, Lena, that I was given the wrong device and it was a device that would not even activate. I explained to her that I had been without the phone for a couple days and I was extremely upset and an unsatisfied customer. Being that I had already done my part as the consumer (paying the monthly insurance fee, the $150 deductible, the information required to file the claim etc.) I believed that Asurion should have done more to accommodate me and offer me a solution.

Instead I was transferred to another customer rep. Nikki who informed me they could not do more for me at the moment and I would be receiving the new device tomorrow. When I questioned the quality of the phone, Nikki was so kind enough to let me know she was not sure what phone I would be receiving. In her words she did not know "what phones were laying around the warehouse." I was completely shocked to be informed that my $150 deductible + monthly insurance fees, pay for a device that is just lying around as well as horribly refurbished at that.

That is absurd and not acceptable.

I would NOT recommend Asurion to anyone unless I did not like them and wanted them to endure unprofessional customer service reps. Thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Cell Phone Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments