1400 Fashion Island Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94404, USA

I added coverage to my Verizon account, believing I was protected. I had never heard of Asurion.

Three months ago I discovered my glass cover was cracked, submitted a claim, and discovered that I had to pay another $50.00 to get the screen fixed. Grudgingly I allowed their repair tech to come to my house. He was very insecure and quickly announced that he had never actual done this repair before. I sat with him for nearly 3 hours while he struggled, regularly telling me that he didn't know what he was doing.

Ultimately he reassembled the phone and it worked. The phone began to spontaneously reboot itself a week ago, and yesterday I discovered that the entire back panel is loose and is falling off, leaving a big gap. It is clearly the result of a faulty repair. Asurian now tells me that I have voided the warranty because the problem is physical damage with the phone.

They insist that I must pay them another $150 for them to get me a working phone. No amount of arguing will convince them that the repair is the cause of the problem.

So they charged me for insurance, charged me again for the repair, then refused to take any responsibility for their own repair tech botching the work and ruining my phone, expecting me to pay again. Seriously, the worst company I have ever done business with!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cell Phone Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Asurion Cons: Everything about this company.

Comments