My family has several IPhones thru Verizon and insured thru Asurion which costs $10 per month per phone. My son was out one evening and lost or had his phone stolen. I filed a claim with Asurion, which covers lost /stolen phones. They said the phone would be overnighted to my son and charged me the deductible of $169 (wow!!)

Bottom line is the phone was never received. When I contacted Asurion-- and was on the phone with them for almost 2 hours being routed thru every blasted customer service agent and different dept levels only to be told in the end: "There is a problem with your claim"

Well Gee, what kind of problem? When I asked for further clarification... did I file something wrong, was the address incorrect, did the credit card not go thru?? I was told there was "Suspicious Activity" and the claim would not be honored. When I asked what the "Suspicious Activity" was they said it was confidential. Period. No more info can be provided. It is confidential

So let me get this straight.

I had a phone with insurance coverage.

I paid my insurance premiums.

I lost/ had a phone stolen-- which is covered under the policy.

I filed a claim.

I paid the $169 deductible (!!)

I was told the phone would be there within 24 hours.

Phone never showed up.

When I called and questioned customer service I was told that the claim was denied and I was not allowed to know why because it was Confidential.

Period.

The End.

If this wasn't so outrageously deceitful it might be funny... But I am not laughing. Until I get all my insurance premiums refunded I will spend every waking moment alerting customers of Asurion's incredibly inane practices and complete lack of customer service. They could care less that I was not allowed to know the reason... They just kept repeating what was written on the response forms in front of them.

Do yourself a favor.... if you have insurance with them cancel it PRONTO. If you are thinking about signing up go talk to your doctor first to see if you are OK in the head

Product or Service Mentioned: Asurion Claim.

Reason of review: Will not give me a reason for rejecting the claim.

Asurion Cons: Criminal business practices, Would not honor the contract, Non- caring customer service, Would not answer my questions, Refused to discuss reason for rejecting claim.

• Asurion Scam